No products in the cart.
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for A+ Core 1 (220-1101) Individual License
- Brand: CompTIA
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Gradable hands-on assessments provide an accurate picture of your ability to correctly and efficiently perform job tasks
- Browser-based labs require only a reliable internet connection and modern browser, with no special equipment
- Scenarios aligned with CompTIA exam objectives
- Access key valid for 12 months
What you’ll learn
CompTIA CertMaster A+ Labs for Core 1 (220-1101) enable hands-on practice and skills development using real equipment and software accessed through a remote, browser-based lab environment. Aligned with Official CompTIA courseware and the CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) exam objectives, CertMaster Labs make it easy for learners to practice and apply their skills in real workplace scenarios in preparation for the certification exam. All lab activities include gradable assessments, offer feedback and hints, and provide a score based on learner inputs, ultimately guiding you to the most correct and efficient path through job tasks.
There are two types of labs in the course:
- Virtual Workbench Labs provide learners with valuable hands-on practice installing, configuring, and troubleshooting computer hardware in an immersive 3D environment. Each scenario features a Tutorial Mode guides the learner through step-by-step instruction, allowing learners to understand and practice 3D controls, an Explore Mode that enables learners to identify and manipulate hardware components in a sandbox environment, and an Assisted Mode that takes learners step by step through a procedure, offering help when needed. This hands-on environment gives learners the ability to learn the tangible aspects of IT and gain real-world experience. Learners can explore how the different components of a desktop, laptop, and peripherals work together as well as work through different processes for installing and configuring computer components.
- Virtual Machine Labs utilize virtual machines built to simulate a server network so a learner can gain real-world, hands-on experience with tools, applications, and operating systems they would utilize in a job environment, such as Microsoft Windows or Kali Linux. Learners can compare network hardware using GNS3 network simulator and configure a home router using OpenWRT.
Virtual machine labs are also available in different modes.
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10-15 minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstanding as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20-30 minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the learner’s work at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps. Currently, applied labs are only available for Virtual Machine Lab activities.
- Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing a Motherboard
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing Power Supplies
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing and Configuring System Memory
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing RAM
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Installing CPU and Cooler
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Upgrading and Installing GPU and Daisy-Chain Monitors
- Assisted Lab: Exploring the Virtual Machine Lab Environment
- Assisted Lab: Compare Networking Hardware
- Assisted Lab: Compare Wireless Network Technologies
- Assisted Lab: Configure a SOHO Router
- Assisted Lab: Compare Protocols and Ports
- Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #1
- Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #2
- APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #1
- APPLIED Lab: Troubleshoot a Network #2
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Adding Expansion SSD in a Laptop
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Upgrading Laptop RAM
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Replacing Laptop Non-User Removable Battery
- Virtual Workbench Lab: Configuring Laptop Dock and External Peripherals
- Assisted Lab: Deploy a Printer
Accessing the Course Materials
An access key and registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://login.comptia.org/training-products
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.